Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Dancing Matt Videos




The New York Times talks to Matt Harding, the video game designer turned viral video star, whose "Where the Hell Is Matt?" dance/travel video, and its sequels, have become some of YouTube's most popular videos.


In his latest exuberant installment, Harding is dancing with mobs of people all across the world, blending traditional dances with off-the-cuff group choreography. He explains, "The choreography was about 50 percent taught to me by the other dancers and 50 percent stuff I either brought to them or made up in the hotel that morning. I was starting from absolute zero as a dancer, so I worked with a choreographer here in Seattle named Aiko Kinoshita and another in Los Angeles. You might know of Trish Sie from OK Go’s treadmill video and other stuff they’ve done. She drilled into me the importance of keeping it spontaneous and not trying to bring in a rigid dance routine."

No comments:

Post a Comment